The latest from Prosper on Forbes.com…
All of the items below are from recent headlines or research reports and they depict the turmoil and turbulence in today’s advertising world caused when advertisers attempt to deal with a new technology-driven media environment.
- Item: 56% of digital ads are not seen, according to Google/Double Click study (More Than 56% Of Ad Impressions Are Not Seen, Google Says) and display ads purchased through programmatic channels were 55% more likely to be loaded by bots than non-programmatic ads (5 Things Marketers Should Know About Bots and Ad Fraud).
- Item: Television audience ratings have declined 50% since 2002, according to Morgan Stanley analysis. (BRUTAL: 50% Decline In TV Viewership Shows Why Your Cable Bill Is So High)
- Item: Former Mediacom CEO Alleges Widespread U.S. Agency ‘Kickbacks’
- Item: In 2015, $6.3 billion of digital ads will be based on fraudulent activity (Nearly 25% of Video Ad Views Are Fraudulent, and 6 Other Alarming Stats), while 50 Percent Of Ad Agencies are Not Sure They’re Getting Good ROI From Online Video Ads.
- Item: For those who plan on buying a car or truck, 27% say TV influences their auto purchases. However, leading U.S. automakers spent nearly $6.5 billion (76% of measured media) on TV ads in 2013.
Apparently marketers aren’t winning this new war as the headlines indicate. Each year, hundreds of millions, maybe even billions, of ad dollars may be wasted due to outdated communication models. Continue reading…
The Silent Killer Of Corporate Profits: Ad Waste